Help for first time home buyers in Lebanon, OregonThinking about buying your first home in Lebanon, Oregon? Learn about down payment assistance programs and other important resources for first time home buyers that will help you save money and time.
Buying your first home is easier when you understand the process. A simple, online or in-person home buyer workshop can guide you along your path to home ownership and help you make smart decisions along the way. If you’re looking for unbiased advice and coaching, start with an online home buyer workshop from eHome America or talk to a nonprofit, HUD-certified housing coach from Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services in Linn County. A first time home buyer workshop can help you:
- determine if you’re ready for home ownership;
- plan and save for a down payment;
- apply for down payment assistance;
- understand safe and affordable financing;
- think about what you need in a home;
- improve your credit score;
- maintain and care for your investment; and
- make the most of your investment
Neighborworks America recently released the results of a study on the effectiveness of pre-purchase housing counseling. The study shows that first time home buyers who take a workshop before they purchase are less likely to foreclose on their homes down the line.